Auditions for The HATTBox Players, 2014-2015 Season
Sunday September 14th, 12 noon -1:30 pm, by appointment
Call 343-6364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a time.
Performance dates are Nov. 7-9 and April 24-26
One play and One musical will be produced this year.
Spaces in this resident youth troupe are limited, open to students ages 8-18
For audition: please come prepared with a song of your choice, either without music or
instrumentation (no vocals) on CD or ipod
Be prepared to read from the scripts as well
About the HATTBox Players
Home for Christmas 2013
Performing two Richmond premieres a year as part of the theatre's family series
of shows, this resident troupe of youth actors ages 8-18, have the opportunity to work on shows that are new and fresh, with scripts that challenge & explore many themes. We hold open auditions each year to fill spaces in the troupe.
Quite a few of our patrons have commented on the fact they do not feel like they are watching young people during these shows. Instead their biggest compliment to the actors is that they are so engaged with the characters and the story,
they just want to see what will happen next.
Past productions include several U.S premieres as well as the usual Richmond premieres.
* The Atomic Brain by Kevin Frei (a Sci-Fi Fantasy)
* Rock Toyz by Greg Snape (a rags to riches story, a British rock musical)
* Thursday's Child by Greg Snape (a children's rights musical about a group of children searching for a home, and someone to love them,
through a war-torn country)
* Robyn Hood, outlaw princess by Gary Daverne & John Reynolds (a pop musical fantasy out of New Zealand, a female version
of the classic story set in the 1920's)
* Groovy! by Tim Kelly, music and lyrics by Bill Francoeur (a musical comedy tribute to the 1960's).
And for those who like some of the more traditional fare, the troupe has performed original adaptations of familiar stories including Oz and Oliver Twist as well as holiday shows such as Home for Christmas, Julie Fulcher's original Making Spirits Brighter, and the multi-cultural, Holiday Joys.